I have been a Wall Street Journal Subscriber for over 15 years in various places on the east coast of the US. I have always had either home or office delivery. Until I moved to western North Carolina, I had very few delivery problems. So I also had no real experience with their lack of customer service.

Because of heavy rains, wind and heacy dew here in the mountains the paper was being recieved wet and often unreadable. I requested and customer service agreed that the paper should simply be placed in a plastic bag as are many other papers that are delivered.

Our local newspaper that contracts for delivery is the Times in Hendersonville,NC. After not receiving the paper or not receiving it in plastic ("Bag paper daily" was now printed on the label sent to them by DOW Jones), I contacted the WSJ customer service. Even after escalation I received no improvement. In fact, the regional delivery coordinator actually told me that my carrier unfortunately does not really want the contract, so she has no leverage.

Now, to make the situation even less tolerable, Mr. Luftis from the local times began to call us. He informed me that; "He did not have to deliver my paper if he didn't want to!". and furthermore he said that; " No northern was going to tell him what to do!".

The paper refused to return my call. He then told the WSJ that he could not deliver my paper because of "obstructions or orther obstacles that prevent him from delivering a dry paper.". A lie. But it was, by the wording acceptable to use as their loophole in the contract allows.

I have photo which I p[rovided to customer service and also told them that I would provide affidavits if needed to show that delivery was safe and easy. I live on a paved road. We have a paved pull-off that the mail carrier uses to put mail in the box. The pull-off then leads across our driveway. No plantings, no obstructions. He was simply lying simply because he could and get away with it. Customer service was unable to correct the situation .

I have tried escalating the situation with little success both with in DOW Jones and The New York Times (The subsidiaries parent company). I have not received any response. In fact. now that Mr. Luftis and our local Times newspaper has gotten away with not delivering the WSJ, they now decided to refuse to deliver my paid subscription to The New York Times, home delivery.

Investors beware. Research has shown me that this is NOT an isolated incident but a growing problem throughout the US. I have spoken to readers in other counties Hendersonville, Brevard, etc. and other cities and states.

DO not subscribe, do not invest in any of these papers or their parent companies! Customer service drives a companies success and the companies do not provide any customer service!

New York Times - Worst Customer Service Ever

Wall Street Journal - Couldn't care Less about customer service

News Corp - The switch board wouldn't even connect me with anyone unless I had a name.

Bad comapnaies, bad customer service! NYT, WSJ

Had an Experience with Dow Jones?

Comments

wish WSJ will be takenover by someone else, not the inept dow jones or the murdochs!

can we file condumer lawsuit against them?

By and large delivery of the WSJ in my town, Ormond Beach, Fl, is reliable.On rare occasions it doesn't come but is delivered the next day.

I attribute this to the carrier not getting the paper physically by the time he has to start his route, but I don't know how he comes by the paper. I assume it's printed by contract in a nearby city and shipped to a local drop point. That's not his fault. I do however have the wet paper problem.

This is easily solved in most cases by double-bagging the paper. He does this for the local paper but not the WSJ. Sometimes he even uses the WSJ bag (which is red) as the protective second bag for the local paper. The local arrives dry at the expense of the WSJ.

Maybe double bagging isn't part of his arrangement with the WSJ, in which case he isn't really to blame. I tried to find out from WSJ customer service how exactly it is that the physical paper gets delivered but they of course know nothing about that.

I'm generally very pleased with my print edition paper delivery except for this one issue.But it might just be one of those things you have to accept because you can't change it.

I used to have spotty delivery problems from time to time in Philly suburb.But since Sept 4th this year, the problem became constant.

I have received only a handful delivery since then.

I can not believe this.I am really upset about this.

For anyone experiencing delivery issues, call 1-800-975-8602 to have your print delivery method changed to USPS (United States Postal Service). When switched to USPS, your paper will arrive with the daily mail. Having a local carrier deliver your paper does pose issues.

If an issue delivery is missed, you can read the paper on WSJ.com.

I am having the same issues that everyone else is experiencing.No paper for 5 days now.

I call the WSJ Customer Service, but the only response I get is that there is a "weather issue." And I ve been calling 5 days straight, and everyday they've told me to call back if I don't receive it the following day. WTF!

So far, WSJ is looking really bad.Boise, Idaho.

#206041

i think you guys are full of ***.you guys have nothing to do than just sit around and complain.

the paper is wet. well what do you expect? it rains and the paper gets wet. big deal.

move on buddy.

you are paying like 30 cents for each paper.grow up losers

#192273

Could not agree more about poor delivery service.The complaint line could care less.

The pity is we had the world's best delivery person and this person was deleted in favor of a dreadful, non reliable service.

No action was taken to correct the bad service, while I know people are canceling all around me.:?

#192272